Wow it has been a busy week. It has kept me from making the progress I would have liked to on the site. (Though I was able to get some behind-the-scenes work done.) I added a meta-tags plugin to the site, so I now actually have proper meta data in the site. I also did some domain name work. Oh and I also tweaked the logo. All I really changed is the tag line in the image. It is actually what I had on one of my early website years ago. Simple, to the point, works.
I was looking over the site and my past posts, and realised that it has been a while since I swiched from posting as my alias “Olorinpc” to just using my name. A further thought came to me when I realised that I had never bothered to register my name as a domain name. (As we all know I have owned Olorinpc.com for a while, and also manage supergeekblog.com and sgbtech.com for the group.) So I registered JakeBarnard.com yesterday. I don’t think it was a large concern, since if you ever bother to google “Jake Barnard” chances are very good it will be me. Naturally there are others, but I have had the time online to be able to build an online presence.
At some point I would like to shift my site back to its own server and no longer run it out of a sub-directory on sgb. Of course I am also intending to always have olorinpc.com and jakebarnard.com (Since of course both identities are me.) pointing to the same page.
Other than that – it has been a very busy week all around. I am also out of town for a couple of days, so I may or may not have access to the net during that time to be able to post. Though when I get back I do plan on having some great stuff to post.